¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My open apology to Danny

This is to Danny Internets...

I would like to sincerely apologize to you for how I have treated you on the Internet. I know you are tough so I don't mean to come across as condescending or patronizing. I have had some time to think about things and realize that we both actually want a lot of the same things and we are both quite zealous about it. You have the courage to post your views here and I really respect that. I hope you will forgive me and that we can start anew. I recently made a vow to be a better person and I can see I was starting already to slip a bit.

G

6 comments:

Grizzled Gorilla said...

It takes a big person to apologize and admit they are wrong.
Kudos to you.

FoxPhoenix135 said...

That's pretty big of you, GBF. Good for you... more people could use that sort of humility on the internet instead of using it as a vent for their feelings of inadequacy.

Danny Internets said...

No apology necessary, but the sentiment is appreciated.

Brent said...

I wanted to wait until Danny responded before posting, but I also thought this was a cool gesture to make.

The Internet can confuse social discourse in the sense that things we'd say online we'd not usually say face to face. That's inevitable, since the Internet doesn't have nonverbal cues and such. Point is, sometimes its best to clear the air.

It takes guts to write a post like this. I admire guts.

Brent

TheKing Elessar said...

What Brent said.

:)

MorbidlyObeseMonkey said...

Hooray for being nice on the interwebz! More people should be doing this.

After years of /b/ I don't take anything personally on the interwebz, period. I don't dislike anyone on the interwebz either because I have learned that it's just a waste of time and mental energy.