After a lot of thought and much discussion BeakyCon2 will use the new 6th edition rules:
- 1999 points (no double FOC lists)
- Allies are in
- Fliers are in
- Warlord Traits are out
- Fortification is in...
No Fortress of Redemption though. If you play a non Imperial army you can bring a custom built fortification but it must closely match the dimensions of those from GW such as the Aegis Defense Line... No modeling for a gaming advantage.
- The following rules from the 6th edition rulebook will not be used:
• Mysterious terrain (p.102)
• Archotech artefacts (p 106)
• Unique terrain (p. 107)
- Each mission will have a primary objective (e.g., control the most objective markers) with two tie breakers (e.g., Slay the Warlord, Linebreaker, etc.). The format is still pure W-L with six rounds and one undefeated player. Note that the following rules for missions from the rulebook will not be used:
• First Blood victory condition (p. 122)
- Armies must be fully painted (3 color minimum and bases flocked).
If you have any questions or comments then let me know.