¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Character assassination


I've talked about this before and I'll talk about it again now. I think it's important because the game should be as fair as possible. So what am I getting at...

Why should Lord of War characters such as Dante be banned?

It's an advantage to every sixth edition codex since they have no Lords of War - for example eldar can put Eldraddy on the table no questions asked but Ghaz is stuck sitting on the shelf. Tau have no Lords of War. If you like the Stormlord oh well and he has been nerfed hard.

If you ask me I'll tell you it's totally lame as an approach to running a big event. If you allow Imperial Knights why should LoW characters be banned? Will Dante or Draigo single handedly win a tournament ? I don't think so.

My advice is if you feel the same then vote with your wallet... Just say no. I did and I feel a lot better for it. My time and money will go to events that truly support 7th edition... TempleCon, LVO and Killadeplhia thank you from the bottom of my heart.

From TempleCon:

Character Lords of War WILL be allowed at this event. All other Lords of War are NOT permitted. This means you may include character lords of war from codices (Logan, Draigo, Ghazgul, etc.), but you cannot take any Lords of War from Escalation or other Super Heavy or Gargantuan LoW.

No comments: