¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Friday, November 18, 2016

Magnus and his Rubric Marines are finally coming


Potentially exciting times... will the old die hard CSM veterans finally get what they want - a stand alone codex as good as eldar. Well that's not really my focus. I'm excited to see Thousand Sons finally get some love from Games Workshop and to me it shows they are really focusing on the right things now. Playing both 30k and 40k my prediction is Thousand Sons are going to be competitive. I'm very interested to see the rules for Magnus - he is the first Daemon Primarch to receive rules and according to the background he was always one of the most powerful.

Maybe it's just me but the puppies seem cast as the villains for once. There will probably be some plot changes but nothing too crazy. Why is everyone picking on Space Wolves now... heh ! Space Wolves are one of the most loved Space Marine chapters so I'm sure they'll be okay. It's an ancient grudge that goes all the way back to the Horus Heresy. What a lot of people don't know is Horus was heavily involved which totally makes sense if you stop a moment to think about it. I still remember when Thousand Sons were cast as the villains and now is their time to shine !

Thousand Sons need to be competitive to have a chance versus Custodes, Sisters of Silence and Space Wolves. It will be interesting to see how powerful is Magnus and his beloved Rubric Marines. I can easily see Magnus as a level 4 psyker with access to the majority of the generic psychic lores as well as some new ones for his chapter. It will also be very interesting to see the rules for Rubric Marines and terminators... maybe both will be multi wound units. In terms of 30k I can see every Marine being psychic along the lines of 5th edition Grey Knights. It's exciting to see them being released at relatively the same time for both 30k and 40k. The 30k time line is finally starting to progress again - will we see end times for 40k ? I doubt it but I think we are all in store for some major changes which could be a good thing.

Thousand Sons are an army that could potentially draw me back to 40k... we will just have to wait a little longer and see.

No comments: