¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Why I am against the use of INAT FAQ in the Ard Boyz

Okay so last year I said I was okay with but this year I am dead set against it. The same set of rules should be used each and every round. Fortunately the Adepticon council is not strong enough to force us to use INAT FAQ in the state of Florida. One of my biggest issues with this FAQ are the horrible rules interpretations they released for the Tyranid codex. To me it's unfair that the Chicago Battle Bunker can force other gamers from outside that area to have to play Adepticon-Hammer. The FAQ has more pages than the 5ed rulebook... What is up with that??

We need to rally together now & be focused letting GW know that we don't want the INAT FAQ forced upon us again. Last year I gave it a chance but it did not work for me.

G

4 comments:

Grizzled Gorilla said...

Up to this point, I have only played in local tournaments. However, I have to say that I like a lot of the rules clarifications in the INAT FAQ.

That being said, I do agree that the document is extremely long winded.

As for the Tyranid rulings; well, just glad I sold my bugs.

Terminus Est said...

I was very interested to see what you would have to say.

I don't want people to take this hte wrong way. I have no problem with Adepticon using their own FAQ, other TOs running Indy events have the choice to use it as well. My position is it shouldn't be used at GW events. What got me thinking about it is that GW has not yet released the FAQ for Nidz & I can easily see the same thing happening with Blood Angels.

G

Lorek said...

It's just GW being lazy. The INAT FAQ is the most comprehensive 40k FAQ available right now, and it's widely known, so they're just grabbing on to it.

I'm a bit surprised that another group of tournament gamers hasn't generated their own FAQ to use as an alternative to the INAT FAQ.

Terminus Est said...

I have never seen anyone use the INAT FAQ outside of Adepticon.

I think the decision to use the INAT FAQ was made by the employees at the Battle Bunker, not GW HQ.

G