¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Email in - Tweaking a 2000 point Blood Angels Hybrid List

It has been quite awhile since the last time I wrote anything about Blood Angels. I received a request to tweak a 2000 point hybrid Blood Angels army list so I decided to share my feedback here...




"Hmmm... I cant seem to get it all to fit with meph and sang... I can get meph with a reclusiarch, how do you get it all to fit at 2000 pts?"

HQ
250 Meph
130 Reclusiarch

Elites
175 Furioso Libby
125 2x Sang Priests (jump, foot)
210 5x Termies (3x LC, 2x TH/SS)

Troops
235 10x Assault (PF, Melta, Melta)
235 10x Assault (PF, Melta, Melta)
135 5x Assault +Rhino (EA, Blade)
135 5x Assault +Rhino (EA, Blade)
135 5x Assault +Rhino (EA, Blade)

Heavy Support
200 Stormraven (MM, TLLas)

(1965)


Here is my feedback:

250 Meph

Great choice... The Lord of Death is a beast and synergizes very well with mech armies.

130 Reclusiarch

Another great choice but if you drop the Furioso you could save some points and just field a Chaplain. Chaplains can be a real work horse for BA - especially so in a melee oriented army.

175 Furioso Libby

Drop him to free up some points. As already said your got your hood via Mephiston. If you really want a dread I'd just go with the standard Furioso - Blood Talons can be game winners.

125 2x Sang Priests (jump, foot)

Solid choices and essential for most any BA army. I assume one will roll with an assault squad (jumpers) and the other will roll with the terms. You saved a few points by not taking power weapons but I think this would be a great upgrade for the priest who'll run with the assault squad - the combination of a WS5 power sword and a power fist (sergeant) is very strong... You can blow right through enemy dedicated melee units such as Berzerkers (assuming you get the charge).


210 5x Termies (3x LC, 2x TH/SS)

Awesome unit - I'd run 3x TH/SS & 2x LC

235 10x Assault (PF, Melta, Melta)
235 10x Assault (PF, Melta, Melta)

Very solid units - the core of your army. Fine as is.

135 5x Assault +Rhino (EA, Blade)
135 5x Assault +Rhino (EA, Blade)
135 5x Assault +Rhino (EA, Blade)

To be honest I don't like these units as they are nothing more than mobile objective grabbers which to me is a waste of points as you're not realizing their full potential. I would find the points to add a meltagun and power sword for each of these three units.

200 Stormraven (MM, TLLas)

Standard kit for the raven - I'd definitely bolt on some extra armor as it can save your bacon time and time again. The last thing you want is your raven sitting there like a duck when for a mere 15 points it could have sped away to safety and do something useful such as contest an objective.

So like I said I've mostly just tweaked the list for better optimization of the existing units.

No comments: