Wednesday, June 05, 2013
4th BeakyCon3 sample mission
4th Sample Mission
If you want to start practicing now for BeakyCon3 here is our fourth sample mission to help you play test your armies.
 Sequence of Order
01. Objective markers (if appropriate) are preplaced as per the specific mission rules. Game begins.
02. Roll off for deployment zones and place fortifications.
03. Roll for Warlord Traits.
04. Roll for Psychic Lores.
05. Roll for army specific rules (e.g., Grey Knights' Grand Strategy, Dark Eldar Wyche drugs, etc.)
06(a ). Roll for Night Fight.
06(b ). Roll to see who deploys first and second. Player who deploys first goes first as well unless their opponent seizes the initiative - see step 9 below.
07. Deploy infiltrating units and make scout moves (as per rulebook).
08. Redeploy (e.g., Necron C'Tan Grand Illusion).
09. Roll for Seize the Initiative.
10. First turn begins...
11. Game ends - Note that random game length is modified. There are six turns and then a possible seventh turn on a roll of 4+ on 1d6. Dice Down when time is called.
 There are two main objectives:
• Three objective markers are placed along the mid line of the board (long way). One objective marker is in the center of the table. The other two are 18" on either side. If you control the objective marker in your opponent's deployment zone it's worth 4 battle points. If you control the objective marker in your own table quarter it's worth 2 battle points. The objective marker in the center is worth 3 battle points.
• Table quarters - Each table quarter you control is worth 1 battle point. You must have the most scoring units wholly within a table quarter to control it. Dedicated transports don't count. Squads must be disembarked and not broken or fleeing.
Modified Night Fight is automatic the first turn. Any unit cannot shoot more than 24"; this includes barrage.
A scoring unit can only hold one objective marker.
 Deployment: Hammer and Anvil
 1 battle point each for Slay the Warlord & Line Breaker (no First Blood).
 No Mystery Terrain or Mystery Objectives rules.
1st Tie Breaker:
If at the end of the game there is a draw on total battle points then use kill points as the first tie breaker.
2nd Tie Breaker:
Whoever destroys the most enemy scoring units wins.
Record how many kill points you earned at the end of the game. This is used for pairings and possible tie breakers after the final round. These points do not count toward your individual mission battle points.
• 2250 points
• Double FOC
• Fortifications (up to 1 per army)
• You can field Forge World units with the 40k Approved stamp of approval from the following two books:
- Imperial Armor Apocalypse 2nd Edition
- Imperial Armor Aeronautica
• Bran Redmaw (Forge World) can be taken as an HQ slot for Space Wolves.
Note that you must follow the guidelines from Forge World.