¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tyranids and WarGamesCon • Why I'm taking this army



Well it's almost time for the big event. As many of you know I decided to take my Tyranids. Most of my friends in the 40k Wrecking Crew will be bringing Grey Knights. Good for them and I hope they all do well. There is a lot of hate towards Grey Knights and that made the army not so fun for me to play. Sure I occassionally will still break out my Draigowing and of all the popular meta lists on the Internet I think it is the most challenging to play well. Grey Knights kind of ruined 5th edition towards the end and I think a lot of people are hoping that 6th edition will bring the balance back. If it does I sure hope that GW doesn't make the same mistake again and release another over the top codex (i.e., Chaos Space Marines). Maybe for a little while there will be a brief period where there is some real balance... I think that would be a lot of fun for everyone.

I do remember when the GK codex was first released before all the hate and realization how powerful they are in 5th edition. It was a fun time to play Grey Knights. I remember when lots of people said Draigowing sucks then Blackmoor almost won NOVA with them... Instantly overnight they were labeled a WAAC list. I had to laugh because all along I knew just strong is the Draigowing. Time passed along as it always does... I was the ringer at a local tournament and ended up playing a friend's Tyranid army. Everybody says that Tyranids are auto-lose versus Grey Knights and while there is a lot of truth to that there is a flip side and I quickly came to realize that while playing the army that day. Of all the armies it turns out that Tyranids have a lot of inherent advantages versus Grey Knights. I was called out as a liar for my batreps posted on BoLS featuring my Tyranids versus Grey Knights and people said my opponents were a bunch of n00bs. I don't really care and I'll be bringing my experience with the army with me to WarGamesCon. I'm so glad I decided to bring my Tyranids so I'll have the chance to show people what they can really do. I really believe in the army. Sometimes it can still be a bit daunting to bring my Tyranids to a large tournament and see all the GK, IG and SW armies. It's not easy to win with Tyranids versus the big three armies of 5th edition. You have to play the mission and not make any mistakes. If I do well people can say I just got really lucky. If I do bad then people can say they told me so. We will just have to wait and see.

I want to say thanks to all my good friends for all the great games we got in so I could refine my list and develop all my tactics and strategies. I couldn't make it to WarGamesCon with this army without that help and that's all I have to say for now. I'm relaxing this week and couldn't be in a better state of mind. I'm ready to roll some dice.

No comments: