¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Can 40k be everything to everyone ?


A wise man once said something along the lines of you can make a lot of people happy but not everyone all the time. Me as a gamer I am a very competitive player but I also love the background just as well. I have played Blood Angels DoA, pure Khornate Daemons and now Tyranids in 5th edition along with some other armies such as dark eldar. I have done okay with all three of the first three I mentioned at tournaments both locally and nationally. If you think about it for a moment these three are all strong in melee which is what I love the most. Supposedly shooting will be better in 6th edition while melee is going to wither on the vine a bit... That is if you believe what the so called Internet experts have to say so far. There is some hate on the air waves - it is an easy way to build an audience. Fear is a very powerful thing. I say know no fear... Even better yet be fearless if you can. Of course it's much easier said than done and there are definitely some things out there that scare me. You can ask anyone that knows me well - I am very skeptical but I am also an optimist and always have been. No one is going to give you everything you need to be happy. We have to work at it to be happy and content with life... It's a constant struggle. One thing I do not need is another so called Internet expert telling me what I should think - I can figure it out for myself over the course of time.



So where am I going with this - well 6th edition is just a couple of days away. Things are going to change... They always do too. Change can be hard but sometimes change can be good. In terms of 40k I've heard some people say that they love 5th edition and they hoped that 6th edition would be a maintenance release simply tightening the current ruleset. Others embraced the leak of the pancake edition with open arms. To me it's looking like there are going to be some fundamental changes to the game in a big way... It will be neither a maintenance release nor a re-release of 2nd edition. A lot of the rumors have already been dispelled... Hurr hurr hurr !!

I can deal with that and I'm not here to endorse GW and their product line. That said I am excited about 6th edition. Like I said things change and we can't stop that from happening. I'm sure there will be things about 6th edition I don't like but on the other hand overall it sounds pretty good overall so far.

That is all for now.

No comments: