¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Thursday, June 04, 2015

The Power of Positive Thinking • Bringing the Hobby Back


The power of positive thinking !!!

Positive thinking is so strong ! It's been said laughter is the best medicine. I know whenever I laugh I feel great.

Surround yourself with positive people. It's all about being with people you enjoy.

This post is about bringing back our hobby. The national 40k scene is all about competition now. I'm not gonna lie - I'm definitely a competitive player but I understand why we need to focus on the hobby again now.

There's lots of great things GW is doing. There are so many options for what you can use to design your armies. I want to build new armies that are centered around theme. Back in fifth edition I built a Grey Knight - Necron army... I caught a lot of grief for it. No matter how fun and how tactical the army was I learned a lesson. We see a lot of crazy armies like that now at the big tournaments and though they do well in terms of W-L I think most people don't really like them much.

All that said I'm not into enforcing composition. Rewarding players for building beautiful themed armies is what will bring the hobby back again. Do you remember going to RTTs and there was well over 20 players attending ? I do !

I feel we are finally at a cusp where the hobby can flourish again. It's an exciting time and I want to be a part of it.

No comments: