¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tyranid Challenge • Help Me Build a Better Reserved Army




Introduction
This thread I'm asking you to help me build a better fully reserved Tyranid army. The foot slogging army has been proven to not be a competitive list, never placing in the top five at major national tournaments such as Adepticon, NOVA and WarGamesCon since the inception of the new codex... Tyranids are currently at their weakest nexus for over the past decade. It sucks but it is what it is. Should have, could have, would have isn't getting it done on the top tables.

I realize there is a lot of love for Tervigons and the Tyranid deathstar but they just don't cut the mustard. This is the truth - lots of so called top players in the US mentally wrecked themselves trying to create a meta net list to stomp other armies such as Space Wolves and Imperial Guard but they all came up short. These armies commonly featured units such as Tervigons and Tryannofex along with the Swarmlord. I do want to build the best fully reserved Tyranid army that can consistently beat Imperial Guard, Grey Knights and Space Wolves. I have had good success beating the two latter armies and will soon be testing my list versus the former. My goal is not to create a meta net list—that has never been my goal nor will it ever be. This is where you can help me.


My Current List
Here is my current 2000 point army list:

Hive Tyrant: Wings, Adrenal glands, twin linked devourers w. brain leech ammo, bone sword & lash whip, Hive Commander, paroxysm & leech essence

Tyranid Prime: Adrenal glands, scything talons, bone sword & lash whip, regeneration


Doom of Malan'tai - mycetic spore

10x Yrmgal genestealer

2x Zoanthrope - mycetic spore


10x Hormagaunt: Adrenal glands & toxin sacs (attached to Tyranid Prime)
15x devilgant - mycetic spore
3x Warrior: bone swords & lash whips, toxin sacs, 2x deathspitter & barbed strangler - mycetic spore
15x genestealer incl. Broodlord: Toxin sacs & scything talons


Trygon Prime


So there is my list...
What would you drop and what would you take in its place? Like I said above the Tervigon has already been suggested in place of the Warrior brood. I'm hoping to see some solid suggestions! This is the army I intend to take to the ATC and WarGamesCon. Let me know what you think about it.

No comments: