¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Stormraven Tactica * Part II - Arms



There are lots of options to select from when arming the Stormraven. You can make it a flying Crusader with hurricane bolters and twin linked assault cannon... how cool is that? Well it might be cool but let's remember Part I of this series... don't take weapons that require you to get close for optimal use such as hurricane bolters. I much prefer the twin linked lascannon and twin linked multi-melta with extra armor and that is it. The Stormraven is an expensive vehicle so no need to pour more points into it. Its primary purpose is to deliver your wrecking ball, its secondary purpose is to wreck vehicles at range with its deadly twin linked guns. The lascannon and multi-melta are free... now how cool is that ?? Oh yeah and it comes with four Bloodstrike missiles... 60" range S8 AP1... not bad for an over-glorified Vendetta! :P  This is what I refer to as the basic configuration and it works very well for me.

2 comments:

Grizzled Gorilla said...

Solid article. It also depends on what roll you need the vehicle to fulfill after it has dropped off its cargo. As it is fast, you could potentially fire the assault cannon and the Hurricane Bolters....
...but like you said, do you really want your vehicle that close to the enemy?

Terminus Est said...

Hey if hurricane bolters works then go for it. I would rather focus on the speed coupled hi-X armor piercing guns.

I like to keep the heavy hitters back the first half of the game if possible then spring them loose in the later stages to clean house. That like I said is the primary purpose of the Stormraven but it also lends itself well to improvising. If it serves it purpose I dont really care if it is destroyed later in the game. I think a lot of people are having some issues wrapping their head around what is the reason to field a Stormraven. Certainly it is not a unit so good it's a must have, rather it lends itself well to certain builds over others. If I were playing razorspam and wanted to field a hard squad of terminators then I'd mount them in a landraider.

G