The first article on Stormraven tactica deals with how to keep your steel birds of prey alive. I have heard people say they are overrated Vendettas. But seriously aren't Vendettas one of the more popular units you see in IG? See... what is good for the goose is even better for the gander!
So how to keep your Stormravens alive...
1) Generally it's a good idea to start them in reserve unless you are going first. When they come in use the range on your Bloodstrike missiles (60") to move on up to 6" and light up the biggest threat such as a Hyrda battery. If you can outrange your opponent the turn you arrive from reserve then do so! After that keep them moving flatout if necessary for the 4++ cover save. You always can still crack off a shot with your twin linked multi-melta using PotMS. Use your Bloodstrike missiles early in the game in case your opponent does drop your stormbird.
2) Your stormbird is Death Incarnate!!!
It should be carrying your hardest assault unit plus a close combat dreadnaught. Use your deepstriking assault squads and Vanguard veterans to destroy threats to the Stormraven. Seriously don't expect to move it each turn without any really thought towards its surviving and expect it to last.
3) Once that hard assault unit and the close combat dreadnaught have deboarded the Stormraven has done it's job.
4) Remember that Stormravens have ceramite plating so meltas only ever roll 1d6 for armor penetration - 50% of the time they will not even glance and that does not include rolling to hit!
5) Don't deepstrike the Stormraven. You can move up to 24" the turn it arrives from reserve, there is no reason to deepstrike ever.