¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

The Kool-aid

Kool-aid is often associated with mind control and|or propaganda. More than one evil person has been quoted as saying that if you say something often enough then people will start to believe whether or not it's actually true. I have always been the type of person to question authority and riddle pundits. I can also be quite stubborn. I think it is good to test what people say to see for yourself if it's true or not.









An important thing to remember is that while a person can believe what they are saying to be true it's not actually necessarily the truth. Often we are misinformed and repeat what we hear without giving it a second thought. I believe most often it's best to divorce yourself from your emotions while analyzing a statement when possible... It can be a hard thing to do but with practice it's possible and I often equate that ability with wisdom.

It's also important to realize that looks can be deceiving. I try to never make a decision based upon my first impressions. Deception is often a big part of what propaganda is all about in the long run. Keep your defenses up and running.

There is a lot of information available on the Internet - that in and of itself to me is the good, the bad and the ugly of the Internet. We have to sort through the chaff to gain the wheat as the saying goes. Everyone has something they want to sell you and there are different techniques at selling. Selling an idea or concept goes hand in hand with marketing. Maybe once you bought something only to then discover it wasn't what you thought it would be. I have found that often a salesman will present themselves as your best friend... I always feel a bit apprenhensive when somebody I don't know comes up and acts like they are a good friend. Maybe I'm just paranoid. It is what it is.

Anyways it's the peak of the summer and a nice cold glass of kool-aid can be refreshing... You could always opt for diet soda or cool clear water instead. ; )

No comments: