¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Sunday, February 15, 2015

DraigoStar vs. Daemons - Round 5 (Part 1) • TempleCon


Here is the daemon army list I faced in the fifth and final round:

Fateweaver /Warlord

Be'lakor

3x Nurgling

10x Pink Horror

20x Seeker of Slaanesh

Daemon Prince - Daemonic Flight - Warp Forged Armor
Psychic Mastery Level 3 (Tzeentch)
2x Daemonic Reward
Exalted Reward - Grimoire

Exalted Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh

Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh

Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh

Soul Grinder (Tzeentch)

Vindicare Assassin

Really light on objective secured units.


Here are the psychic powers I rolled:

Severian Loth (Telepathy)
Psychic Shriek - Dominate - Invisibility - Shrouded

GK Librarian (Santic & Divination)
Sanctuary - Prescience - Forewarning - Perfect Timing

Draigo come stock with Banishment (casts on a 2+ versus daemons), Gate of Infinity, Hammerhand and Purge Soul.


I forgot to record the psychic powers my opponent got - Be'lakor knows all the spells from the Telepathy lore. I do remember he rolled Enfeeble twice which is worrisome.


Here are the ETC mission rules...

Primary Objectives:

Eternal War - Crusade
Eternal War - Purge the Alien

Maelström - Cloak and Shadows

Secondary Objectives - First Blood - Slay the Warlord - Line Breaker

Deployment - Hammer & Anvil


Sorry but this was the last game and I forgot to take pictures.


I won the roll to choose my deployment zone. The board was open in the middle with most of the terrain close to either short edge. I chose the side with some line of sight blocking terrain 24" from the short edge.

I also won the roll to deploy and go first, choosing to do so. I deployed DraigoStar and held everything else in reserve - five man Strike squad would deep strike and scouts would outflank. I placed DraigoStar behind some of line of sight blocking terrain in case my opponent seized the initiative.

My opponent deployed everything except for the Horrors which would deep strike. He infiltrated the Vindicare assassin on top of a building in one corner of his deployment zone. Nurglings were placed on a Crusade objective marker. Seekers and chariots were placed up at the 24" line along with the Soul Grinder. The three big daemons were deployed in cover.

He then rolled to seize and up popped a six. Note that was the third game out of five I got seized on... Annoying.


Pre Game Analysis:
This was the second daemon army I fought at TempleCon. While daemons can be a tough match Grey Knights obviously have some of their own trickery. The main threats obviously were the big daemons and I wanted to ignore them as much as possible... However with Perfect Timing maybe I'd get a shot at Fatey with the Centurions.

No comments: