¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Sunday, April 20, 2014

40k Batrep Part 1: White Scars & Space Wolves vs. Imperial Knights & Iron Hands


This was a 2250 point game using double FOC and allies. This was my first game versus Imperial Knights. I didn't want to specifically tailor my list to face them so this was a good test match to see if my existing list had enough of the right tools. You can take a look at my army list below and predict whether or not it can get the job done. I'm still working on my biker command squad (WIP) so my army list will eventually change to incorporate them.

Here is my army list:

White Scars - Primary Detachment I
Khan - Moondrakken /Warlord

5x biker Marine
2x Grav Gun - Combi-Grav (Sergeant)

5x biker Marine
2x Grav Gun - Combi-Grav (Sergeant)

White Scars - Primary Detachment II
Chapter Master
Bike - Artificer Armor - Shield Eternal - Thunderhammer

5x biker Marine
2x Grav Gun - Combi-Grav (Sergeant)

5x biker Marine
2x Grav Gun - Combi-Grav (Sergeant)

Stormraven (Heavy Support)
Twin-linked Assault Cannon - Twin-linked Multi-Melta - Hurricane Bolter Sponsons

Space Wolves - Allied Detachment I
Wolf Lord
Bike - Runic Armor - Stormshield - Wolf Tooth Necklace - Thunderhammer - Saga of the Bear

7x Grey Hunter
Plasmagun - Plasma pistol - Power axe - Wolf Standard
Drop Pod

7x Grey Hunter
Plasmagun - Plasma Pistol - Power Axe - Wolf Standard
Drop Pod

Space Wolves - Allied Detachment II
Rune Priest
Bike - Runic Armor - Level 2 Psyker (Forewarning & Prescience)

7x Grey Hunter
Plasmagun - Plasma Pistol - Power Axe - Wolf Standard
Drop Pod

Khan, the Chapter Master, Wolf Lord and Rune Priest all attach to one bike squad to form the deathstar.


Here is my opponent's army list to the best of my memory:

Imperial Knights Primary Detachment
Seneschal /Warlord
Thermal Cannon - Heavy Stubber

Paladin
Battle Cannon - 2x Heavy Stubber

Paladin
Battle Cannon - 2x Heavy Stubber

Iron Hands Allied Detachment
Librarian
Level 2 Psyker (Psychic Shriek & Terrify)

10x Tactical Marine
Missile Launcher

10x Tactical Marine
Missile Launcher

10x Sternguard
Drop Pod

Stormraven (Heavy Support)
Twin-Linked Assault Cannon - Twin-Linked Lascannon - Hurricane Bolter Spinsons

Stormtalon
Twin-Linked Assault Cannon - Missile Launcher

Fortifications
Aegis Defense Line w. Icarus Lascannon


Here is the mission:

Primary:
Big Guns Never Tire (5 objectives)
Each marker is worth one victory point. Three objectives were placed evenly across the center of the table and two were placed in my opponent's deployment zone. Note that I wanted to play it such that the Stormravens can't hold objectives while my opponent wanted to play it the other way... Let's see if it could have changed the final outcome.

Secondary:
The Relic
The Relic is worth three victory points.

Bonuses:
First Blood - Slay the Warlord - Line Breaker

Win Condition:
Whomever accumulates the most victory points wins.

Deployment:
Dawn of War

No Night Fight on first turn.

My opponent won the roll and chose to go second. It's always good to go second in objective based missions but on the other hand I'll need the jink saves for my bikers so I don't have to eat multiple pie plates to the face right off the bat !

My Deployment
I deployed my deathstar 12" up right in the center of the table.



The three remaining bike squads will all outflank. The Stormraven and drop pods are held in reserve.

Opponent's Deployment
My opponent broke all of his Marines into combat squads. One tactical squad would join the Librarian and man the Icarus lascannon while the other combat squad embarked into the Stormraven. The other two tactical combat squads were deployed to his left behind one of the Knights. His two flyers are held in reserve.


Scout Moves
I scout the deathstar 12" straight towards my opponent entering a multi level ruin, hiding the Khan and Rune Priest behind a wall.


My opponent rolled and seized the initiative then graciously declined it, which I greatly appreciated ! This was a competitive game for sure but a friendly match as well. : )


Pre-Game Analysis
My main goal is to kill all the enemy scoring units. Maybe a bike squad or Grey Hunter pack can grab an objective towards the end of the game. I'd have loved to had the biker command squad as those four prescienced grav guns would obviously be very strong versus the Knights. This will be a good learning experience versus Imperial Knights though and that's the main thing. I'm not worried about the Iron Hands but I'm sure their two flyers will be very annoying... Oh well.

No comments: