¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Sunday, May 19, 2013

2250 point batrep - Khorne vs. Blood Angels


This was the much anticipated rematch pitting my Khorne army versus Blood Angels. Here is my list:

Abbadon
Kharn

7x Chosen - 2x power axe, power sword, flamer (Kharn goes here in 1st land raider)
Champion - bolter, lightning claw, power fist
Mark of Khorne & Icon of Wrath

6x Berserker (Abbadon goes here in 2nd land raider)
Champion - lightning claw, power fist
Mark of Khorne & Icon of Wrath

7x Berserker (3rd land raider)
Champion - lightning claw, power fist & Chaos Boon
Mark of Khorne, Icon of Wrath & Veterans of the Long War

3x land raider
dozer blades, extra armor & dirge caster

2x Spawn
Mark of Nurgle

Contemptor dreadnaught
heavy conversion beamer, havoc missile launcher, plasma blaster & dedicated to Khorne


Here is my opponent's list to the best of my memory:

Recluisarch
terminator armor

Librarian
level 3, terminator armor

3x Sanguinary Priest
power sword

5x terminator
assault cannon, 2x chainfist

3x 5x assault Marine
flamer & power sword
razorback - twin linked assault cannon

10x tactical Marine
lascannon

3x Vindicator
dozer blades

2x Baal Predator
twin linked assault cannon & heavy bolter sponsons


Mission: Big Guns Never Tire
Deployment: Hammer & Anvil
Night Fight: 1st Turn

There were three objectives all placed towards the front of our deployment zones with two in mine. They were all placed in cover. I got to deploy first placing my land raiders to benefit from cover. The dreadnaught and two spawn setup behind the land raiders. Dreadnaught could shoot around one of the land raiders. My opponent setup aggressively with Recluisarch and terms in reserve along with both Baal predators.

This game the Berserker champion with Boon rolled for no reward and later turned into a Spawn... Not much love lately from the Blood God in that regard.

First turn my opponent seized the initiative... Oh noes !! Night fight with cover saves sees two of my land raiders each lose a hull point - could have been a lot worse. My first turn I nuke two of the Vindicators and pop one of the razorbacks with shooting... Twin linked lascannons FTW. Lots of pressure on the Blood Angels now.

Second turn the terminators arrive along with one Baal predator. Shooting wipes out the spawn and shake the dreadnaught. More shooting for me this turn pops another razorback then assaults wipe out the Recluisarch, terminators (Abbadon termicides), librarian, another razorback and last Vindicator. Opponent then concedes.


Post Game Analysis
My army is very dependent on a good first turn moving the land raiders into position for turn 2 charges. I got lucky not losing any armor to the Vindis and everything else bounced off. Dreadnaught was a beast again popping a Vindi and weapon destroying another one the first turn. Second turn was a wrap.

I love my army... Very elite and very small but very deadly. If you can't stop the land raiders they will be in your face on turn 2. Dirge casters completely shut down Tau Overwatch... I'm not afraid of the fisheads. Blood Angels really need some love.


No comments: