¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Friday, October 26, 2012

Coming your way soon - Forgeworld Horus Heresy Book One - Betrayal


Hi everyone. I bought this book when it first came out and was finally able to start reading it just this week. The book features four of the Imperial Legions that turned:

Lunar Wolves/Sons of Horus (Chaos Undivided)
Death Guard (Nurgle)
Emperor's Children (Slaneesh)
World Eaters (Khorne)

The only missing Chaos power is Tzneetch but Forgeworld is following the historical time line so I imagine the Thousand Sons will be featured in a later to be released book.

I can tell you this book really knocked my socks off and I find it highly amusing that it was released just prior to the new Chaos Space Marine codex. While I'm very excited about the new Heresy book from Forgeworld I am nonplussed about the new CSM codex. My current plan is to write a series of articles comparing specific units from the two books. One thing I really like a lot about the new Forgeworld book are some of the veteran units along with many of the special characters.

I think the Forgeworld book was specifically designed to create games pitting the four Legions against each other. While that is exciting I am also very interested to see how these new 30k armies stack up versus existing 40k armies - I will try to focus on that aspect as well.

No comments: