¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Friday, September 16, 2011

40k Wrecking Crew and what it means to me
























I am a member of the 40k Wrecking Crew. It is a gaming club. Joining was something that changed my life. To me the standards are very high and there is a process that must be followed to become a member. I have to augment that statement by saying I'm a second generation member - the first generation members were mostly from a local gaming group out of Miami... They are all the shit. They are all above me and I can't think of anything negative to say about any of them. Some them held out their hands and helped me to become a member. To them I will always be grateful.

Being a member was a learning process for me and very painful at times. My online rep I originally developed was based upon being a troll. Whenever I do something I want to do it the best I can. Never in my life did I ever step upon my johnson with a pair of track shoes like I did during my time as an online troll. Often I referred to myself as The King of Yee Old Time Trolles... How stupid and short sighted I was. I have since decided I want to be a positive person and use my experience to help others. If you have followed this blog from day one I think you might understand. I'm not exactly sure what made me want to cross the invisible line from night to day but it happened. Often now I have to bite my tongue now and keep my big mouth shut. It's hard for me but I learned how to do it and I think I've successfully made the transition. To give credit where credit is due I have to say thanks to my friends at BoLS. Goatboy, Jwolf and Big Red are good people for sure.

At one time my club was at the top in terms of winning big events then we fell down. I like to think of myself as a Chaplain for my club. I carried the banner and told my mates to rise back up again. Like I said there was lots of hurty pain along the way. Some of my mates picked me back up when I fell down. I wouldn't still be here without those guys.

40k is a big part of my life. I'm kind of sad that my professional career is taking more and more of my time and as a result there is less time for 40k. As I often say it is what it is. I have to think more carefully where best to use my time and energy. I will always be here - this is where you can always reach me.

That is all for now.

Peace.

No comments: