¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Ravenscar Tournament Synopsis


I attended a small tournament yesterday at a local hobby shop. This would be my first time fielding the new build in a competitive setting. The army is currently a combination of Ravenwing and White Scars to combine storm shields with the super Ravenwing jink save for better survivability versus the new Tau. While it was a small event (6 players) there were some strong armies there including ThunderDome (Champions of Fenris-Ravenwing Strike Force-Librarius Conclave), two Tau armies and an Eldar Wraithhost with Grey Knight allies.

My 1850 point list looked something like this:

- White Scars CAD -
Chapter Master - Shield Eternal - Hunter's Eye - Artificer Armor - Bike - Power Fist

Command Squad - Bike Mounted - Eagle Banner - 4x Grav Gun - 4x Stormshield - 3x Melta Bombs - Thunderhammer
Apothecary

5x Space Marine Biker - 2x Grav Gun
Sergeant - Meltabombs - Combi-Grav
Attack Bike - Multi-Melta

4x Scout - Camo Cloaks - Bolt Pistols & Chainswords
Sergeant - Camo Cloak - Bolt Pistol - Chainsword - Melta Bombs
Landspeeder Storm - Heavy Flamer

- Ravenwing Strike Force -
Interrogator Chaplain - Unseen Eye - Bike - Power Fist

5x Black Knight
Hunt Master - Melta Bombs

5x Space Marine Biker - 2x Grav Gun
Sergeant - Meltabombs
Attack Bike - Multi-Melta

- Ravenwing Support Squadron -
Darkshroud - Assault Cannon
3x Landspeeder - Typhoon Missile Launchers & Heavy Bolters


Each mission used Maelstrom as the primary mission with First Blood, Slay the Warlord and Line Breaker as bonuses.

The first game was against the ThunderDome army which was an epic battle... Unfortunately I was never able to draw a tactical card which I could score (really) and the game ended with a 2-3 loss. My army is designed to do well in Maelstrom but Lady Luck gave me an FU this game. I felt I outplayed my opponent severely depleting his deathstar unit including dropping orbital bombardment on them first turn before they could invoke Invisibility via the Conclave. It was frustrating and I forgot a few of my rules which could have helped... But oh well I was glad to see my army could go toe to toe versus probably the nastiest deathstar currently in the game.


NOTE
I just realized I actually tied the ThunderDome player since I slayed his Warlord.

The second game was versus a Salamanders Gladius Strike Force with Hammer and Anvil for deployment... I never had to leave my side of the table and pretty much destroyed everything the old Salamanders threw my way for a big win. My dice were hot.


Hello there!


Epic Salamander Dice Roll

The last game was versus the Eldar. My opponent jumped out with a solid lead the first couple turns then I climbed back in and overtook him the last few turns. There wasn't one assault this game and I was actually able to outshoot the Eldar. So another win for Ravenscar and I ended up taking second place having missed played either of the two Tau armies, one of which took first place.

A team mate of mine from my ATC team was running the other Tau army and tabled the ThunderDome in the second round.


The first place Tau army faced off versus ThunderDome in the final round which I was told was a very close game with the DeathStar just failing a charge when Sammael lost his last wound to Overwatch... Wow not a good day versus the new Tau for the ultimate DeathStar.

It was a good day for sure !



No comments: