¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Ravenscar battle summary vs. Neo Tau


I had a 1500 point game versus Neo Tau this afternoon with my Ravenscar. The Ravenscar concept is that a combination of invulnerable and jink saves can make a survivable army that can compete with Neo Tau. My opponent is getting back into the game but no slouch. He told me I would be picking up lots of my models... Heh.

Here's my army list...

Ravenwing Strike Force
Interrogator Chaplain - Bike - Power Fist - Aupsex - Unseen Eye /Warlord (Stealth Ruins)

5x Black Knight
Huntsman - Meltabombs

4x Ravenwing Biker - 2x Grav Gun
Attack Bike - Multi-Melta
Sergeant - Melta Bombs

Darkshroud- Assault Cannon

White Scars Allied Detachment
Captain - Artificer Armor Bike - Power Fist - Shield Eternal - The Hunter's Eye

Command Squad - Bikes - 4x Grav Gun - 4x Stormshield - Thunderhammer - Banner of the Eagle
Apothecary

6x Biker - 2x Grav Gun
Attack Bike Multi-Melta
Sergeant - Melta Bombs


Here is the Tau army to the best of my memory using the Hunter Cadre formation

Buffmander - 3x Drone /Warlord (?)

3x Crisis Suit - 3x Fusion Blaster - 3x Plasma Rifle

3x Crisis Suit - 3x Fusion Blaster - 3x Plasma Rifle

10x Pathfinders - Drones

10x Breachers

10x Fire Warriors

Riptide - Burst Cannon

Broadside - Railgun - Missiles


We rolled off for the mission and got The Relic with Vanguard Strike deployment. I got to choose my deployment zone and go first. No Night Fight and my opponent failed to seize.

Here is a picture of the table prior to deployment:


Here is how I deployed:


I spread out my forces with the Captain and Chaplain attached to the command squad in the middle with Darkshroud supporting them. The Ravenwing biker squad and Black Knights were to my right with the White Scars biker squad to my left to eventually grab the Relic. My opponent castled around the big ruin in the center of his deployment sines.

By the end of the second turn my opponent conceded. He had killed a grand total of three to four bikers from my command squad. So I did indeed pick up most of my models but not until the game was over.

I was scared sending the big command straight up the middle and they drew lots of fire power but went on to clobber the xenos. I don't think it would be the same in a rematch... Mostly it was a learning experience for me.


I am liking this list - there won't be enough points to include Space Wolves though unless I just opt for a Rune Priest mounted on a bike along with the obligatory pack of Grey Hunters in a drop pod.


No comments: