Saturday, August 03, 2013
NEW SPACE MARINE RUMORS
New Space Marine rumors are hitting, and it looks like its going to be a fairly large. With the source chiming in for a September release, September 7th looks like the release date. Also inside are Grav weapons that wound against armour saves instead of toughness and much more.
One thing of note, from this rumor, it looks like a ltd edition cover of the Black Templars once again has us talking about Black Templar being wrapped up into the Space Marine codex. Lets hope that one does not turn out that way. We have heard from sources and Designers at events that no codices will be lost.
Other space marine rumors here, seem to validate a lot of what we have been hearing, The new codex will be geared towards Space Marines, and not Ultramarines, with options for altering the Chapter Tactics on the chapter that is being used. It will be interesting to see how that translates to supplements.
Please remember that these are rumors.
via Best_Pone oin Warseer
Up for release in September is the new Codex: Space Marines.
- There will be 7 Ltd Ed varients. 6 of these will be covers for First Founding chapters, whilst the 7th will have Black Templars on the cover.
- New weapon family: Grav weapons. I believe these wound against the armour save (so terminators would be wounded as if they had a toughness of 2).
- First Founding chapters will be getting a substantial section each to themselves, so hopefully this can be looked as as Codex: Space Marines instead of Codex: Ultramarines. This will also show in a rule called Chapter Tactics, for which the effects depend on the chapter being played.
- There is a new armour type that at first glance looks to be somewhere between a terminator and a dreadnought - looking more closely, it appears to go over the marine's power armour however.
- This new armour can be armed in 2 ways, depending on the user. The devastator version has either a bolter array or missile launchers mounted on the chest armour, whilst the gauntlets can be armed with heavy bolters, lascannons or grav cannons. The assault version has a bolter array or frag launchers mounted on the chest armour, with assault drills mounted on the gauntlets.
- There are 2 new AA tanks. One tank veterans will already be familiar with as the Hunter, armed an AA missile launcher. The other tank mounts 2 tri-barreled turrets instead.
- There is a new tactical squad. Lots of options as you'd expect, but of particular interest will probably be the grav pistol and grav rifle.
- A new plastic Sternguard veteran squad.
- A new plastic Vanguard veteran squad.
- New plastic characters: a captain, a librarian and a chaplain.