¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Friday, May 07, 2010

2010 Ard Boyz 3rd Turn Mission Blues • 1st Round

Seems like most everyone is really upset with the newly released 3rd turn mission... Basically any unit that can move 12+ inches in a phase is worth 3 killpoints. HQ are worth 2 killpoints & everything else is worth 1 killpoint each. People are saying it's collateral damage for the new Blood Angels. I'm going to play Blood Angels myself & to be completely honest I think the mission is pretty hot. That said hopefully my words won't come back to bite me in the arse...

* knocks on wood *

I can certainly understand why people don't like the mission and it's already starting to mess with peoples' minds in a major way. People are thinking "Should I lose my tanks & transports and totally blob up??" It's a confounded situation for treadheads across the country and I'm sure we will read a lot this weekend & following week about people crying the blues. That's just the way it is. Mech is King.

My army I am planning to bring for the 1st round will give up a maximum of 24 killpoints and this is the list I was already planning to bring prior to reading the scenarios that were released late this afternoon. If you stop & think about it what you are going to see is people switching over to IG blobs, Nid horde & ork horde... Maybe some walking Marine lists as well. Lash armies & daemons will have a field day. To me I can't help but see some dark humor in this... A lot of people will swear up & down that both Nid horde & daemons are two of the worst armies currently in 40k... Now suddenly they both have an edge.

I don't think that GW will cave & make any significant changes to the mission other than to better clarify some particular units as to do they give up 3 killpoints. Vehicles that deepstrike like the Monolith & drop pods in my mind should only be worth 1 killpoint apiece. I can even see certain people trying to make a claim that if you double lash an enemy unit 12+" that is should be worth 3 killpoints. You know how it is.

So in closing I have no problem with the mission & I think most likely it will probably end up helping me in the first two missions if people go ballistic & totally change up their armies in an attempt to over compensate.

G

5 comments:

MorbidlyObeseMonkey said...

I think that's a great mission. Punishing mech armies FTW!

MorbidlyObeseMonkey said...

However, that "3000 total VPs" bonus point is going to be a disaster. I guess they'll have to write it down. That was a mistake by GW. Needlessly complicated bonus point IMO.

Terminus Est said...

It's going to be quite interesting to see how people adjust their lists accordingly.

G

MorbidlyObeseMonkey said...

It will. I've been trying to consider what I'd do if I were bringing a mech spam army. TBH I would certainly adjust my list; probably try to get rid of as many rhinos/chimeras as possible.

Terminus Est said...

I will have six units that give up 3 killpoints apiece. Four of them are pretty hard to kill so I'm not that worried about it and I think my list is fairly resilient to the typical horde armies you tend to see.

G