¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Friday, November 06, 2009

Battle of the Stores • Ard Boyz Florida style with a twist...

Tomorrow the Skul N Bonz club will be hosting a major tournament for central Florida at their same named store in New Port Richey. I only live about 30 minutes by car and qualified but I had already been invited to play in a big team tournament event up in Tennessee. Three champions from each of the stores participating in the event will play three rounds (1850 points). It's all based upon battle points so whichever store racks up the most battle points after three rounds is the winner. I think it's a great idea. I do wish that some of the better players could have made it out though, but still there will be plenty of competition there tomorrow. Here are the eight stores participating:

Anthem Games (Tampa)
Armada Games (Tampa)
Coliseum of Comics (Kissimmee)
Darkside Comics (Sarasota)
Pop's Comics (Sarasota)
Rhurbarb Games (Orlando)
Sci Fi City (Orlando)
Skul N Bonz (Orlando)

Like I said some of the better players from the central Florida area aren't going so from what I have heard there will be some younger players there representing their stores, which I think is kind of cool. I am pulling for Coliseum of Comics as I consider that my home store even though it's a bit off down I-4. I like Clark and Lance of Skul N Bonz so I hope they do well too. Hopefully there won't be any drama. I've always had a good time whenever I at Skul N Bonz.

G

4 comments:

Terminus Est said...

Skul N Bonz the store is actually located in New Port Richey, not Orlando.

G

Terminus Est said...

Well the results are in. Only four stores ended up participating. There were quite a few veteran gamers from central Florida that publicly stated they would not play due to the potential for controversy... Then when their stores did come in first place they said it was because they did not play... Hyprocrisy in my opinion.

Anyways it sounds like it went well and there will be another one six months from now. Here is how it all shook out:

1st place - Skul N Bonz (more than twice as many battle points as the second place store)
2nd place - Coliseum of Comics (Yay!!!)
3rd place - Darkside Comics (had one ringer)
4th place - Rhubarb Games

I was expecting to see Rhubarb place higher as a lot of really good players have come from that store and done very well nationally. Oh well anyone can have a bad day.

G

Grizzled Gorilla said...

GBF, post some picture of your tournament Khorne Army. I know that I would like to see them.

Terminus Est said...

I'll post up some pix next weekend. Sorry for the delay.

G