¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

M’Shen - Part 2 - Blind Spot


Conrad Curze sat upon his throne in the command dome of the Night Lords’ flagship Argent. His helm rested upon the deck as the Primarch took in his surroundings. There was silent tension in the bridge. No one spoke as his black eyes looked upon each and every entity. He sensed their fear of him, all except for one. Talos stood nearby looking him straight in the eyes.

"My Lord I have news for you." spoke the Lieutenant. Talos continued before Curze could reply. "Fresh graffiti has been found on a bulwark in Sector Six... Blood is Thicker than Water it says painted in blood."

The Primarch stirred. "Blasphemy." he hissed. "Who would dare and what does it mean?"

"All video logs have been transcribed at length but there’s no trace of the vandal." Talos replied.

"Download the logs to my portent. I’ll watch them myself."

"Your will be done my Lord." Talos ran his tongue over the smooth crowns of his teeth. "I have studied the message and deciphered its meaning."

"Go on." said Curze his fists balled tight.

"Blood represents the survivors at Ivstann. Water represents the traitors." Talos smiled.

"How did you come to that conclusion?" snarled Curze. "Are you telling me there’s a spy within our ship?" The Primarch stood up towering over his Lieutenant. "Come clean with me now."

"Come clean?" Talos repeated. "Maybe there is some discontent. I’ve told you exactly what I know. No one else here had the courage." His eyes shone bright, his face set like stone. "Word has it the Emperor has sent an assassin to take your life. This we all know."

Curze stepped forward toward Talos. "I want to see it for myself."

"I’ll take you there now." said the Lieutenant calmly.

No comments: