¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Assassin - Part 11 - Genocide


Paragon stared at the smoky remains of the mainframe for a moment as he finished absorbing the last bytes from the new dataset. His mind felt bloated and his vision blurred. Slowly his zealous hatred culled while he rested mentally ingesting the sampled data.

"You have accomplished your goal." came the voice of McGregor from behind. The assassin quickly turned to see the last Templar entering the inner sect. His armor was scorched and cracked in places and he had removed his helm revealing a face that looked as young as his own. A vibrant tattoo of the triple cross was etched into his forehead. His icy blue eyes seemed kind and shown with an inner light.

"You must be wondering what's next and I will tell you." McGregor looked grim as he deactivated his power fist and sealed his combi weapon. "Your name should be etched in stone within the Emperor's throne room in honor of you and what you've accomplished here but unfortunately that is not to be. You are a great weapon, too great to be trusted by the small the minds of those who created you. So... they have sent another company of Imperial Marines to silence you. They are of the Legion known as the White Scars... falsely informed that you are the product of a violent experiment gone wrong in league with a rogue sect of Templars. They will shoot on sight and no questions are to be asked. We cannot bargain with them."

"How do you know this to be?" asked Paragon.

"I am derived from a clandestine species known by a very few as the Perpetuals. Our kind is immortal for I have lived just as long as the holy Emperor." confided McGregor. "You know me by my true name too. Unfortunately those of my kind are often drawn to the dark side because simply absolute power corrupts. I have spent the last millennium of my life as a Templar and was one so very long ago before the coming of the age of technology. We live by a simple code to serve mankind, it is a duty we freely choose. Surround yourself with a beacon of good faith, it will serve you well.

"So to answer your question indirectly I was able to ascertain the true meaning behind your creation, your task and your final culmination. I have access to secrets highly guarded by those who formulated this plan. To you it does not matter how I came to find out but to heed my advice. There is not much time left before the arrival of the White Scars. If you want to survive then follow me." McGregor held out an open gauntlet. "Do I have your trust?"

Paragon looked down upon the open gauntlet. Dried blood and bits of fleshy gore clung to the finger tips. "I trust you." He gripped the gauntlet feeling the crushing power of the servo enhanced grip. Paragon squeezed tightly forming a symbolic bond with the Templar.

"Some where within the confines of this ship is a portal we can access to escape."

No comments: