¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Monday, March 27, 2017

Why Games Workshop Should Ban All Allies and What You Can Do


Black Blow Fly here swinging through your neighborhood again to spread more mischief and rot. I just moved across the country so I haven't had much hobby time which is troubling me a bit but I'm looking forward to getting back again into it again soon as they say.

Today I want to talk about allies and why I've decided I think they need to be totally banned. This interwebz quote sums it all up perfectly for me ...


Now I used to be a big fan of allies and in truth they have been around a long long time, going way back before sixth and seventh edition. It could be a good thing but in reality it's just another tool to power game. The final nail in the coffin for me was looking at army lists that made it into the top sixteen at Adepticon and I of all people should know because once I was a very competitive tournament player and even played Grey Knights with Necron allies.... I know I might come across as a hypocrite but in truth I've finally rehabilitated myself. It wasn't easy but diligence paid off. I really learned my lesson.

The game will better off without allies and it would present an opportunity for competitive players to get rid of that crutch and sharpen their skills. If you really want this to happen the best thing to do is write a polite email to GeeDub requesting that they ban all allies and there's never been a better time with a new edition right around the proverbial corner. Here is their email address:

kevin.rountree@gwplc.com

That's right send it their CEO, Mr. Kevin Rountree... I'm absolutely positive he wants to know your opinion. This is the man who has revitalized the company and brought them to speed with the 21st century. So here is your chance to do something good for the hobby ! Bitching and moaning is a favorite past time for gamers but it rarely ever changes anything.

If you do decide to send an email make sure it's positive and well written... that's how to effectively get your point across to other people. If enough people send an email I promise you something good will happen. All you need is one to two paragraphs - it's just that easy too.

Remember that Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) are people, just like us. They'll respond to an email depending on its tone and content, so think about what you want to say carefully before you click the SEND button. Here are some tips to help you get the response you're looking for:

* Be polite !!!
* If you are able to say something good about the company before you express your disappointment, do it. It's a great way to get your reader on side.
* Stick to the facts.
* Try not to let any emotion or judgment spill out.
* Don't use threats.
* Shorter is better. Keep the information concise and to the point.
* Include a brief history of the issue if it's helpful.
* Explain clearly what you want.

That's that really that needs to be said and I hope you will respond.

No comments: