¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Sunday, August 02, 2015

DraigoStar Reborn • Mini Batrep


I had a game today versus White Scars Demi Company with my new list for DraigoStar (1850 points). As can happen the dice were quite fickle and I had to face a Cullexus assassin in a drop pod... It was the pyschic buffet for that traitorous bitch and she feasted well.

Here is my new list:

Nemesis Strike Force
Lord Khaldor Draigo -- Warlord

Librarian - Level 3 - Stormbolter - Nemesis Daemonhammer - Liber Daemonica

9x Purifier - 2x Psycannon
Keeper of the Flame - Nemesis Daemonhammer

4x Grey Knight - Psycannon
Justicar

Stormraven - Hurricane Bolters - Twin Linked Multi-Melta - Twin Linked Assault Cannon - Locator Beacon


Ultramarine Allied Detachment
Techmarine - Auspex

4x Scout - Camo Cloaks - Bolt Pistols & Combat Blades
Sergeant
Landspeeder Storm - Heavy Flamer

3x Devastator Centurion - Grav Cannons & Amps - Missile Launchers
Sergeant - Omniscope - Twin Linked Lascannon - Missile Launcher


Librarius Conclave
Tigerius

Librarian - Level 2 - Force Axe

Librarian - Level 2 - Force Axe


Psychic Powers
Grey Knight Librarian (Divination) - Prescience - Misfortune - Precognition - Perfect Timing

Tigerius (Telepathy) - Psychic Shriek - Invisibility - Shrouding - Terrify

Librarian (Telekenesis) - Crush - Maelstrom

Librarian (Biomancy) - Smite - Endurance - Haemorraghe


The mission rules were as follows:

Deployment - Hammer and Anvil

Primary 1 - Purge the Alien

Primary 2 - 5 Objective Markers

Secondary - First Blood - Slay the Warlord - Line Breaker - Last Laugh


I won the roll to pick my deployment zone and took the side with more line of sight blocking terrain. My opponent won the roll to go first so I only deployed DraigoStar, placing them behind a big piece of terrain to prevent the alpha strike.

I don't have my opponent's list but it was a Demi Company with many Razorbacks (heavy bolter turrets), a few drop pods and the Stalker formation plus two squads of Devastators with missiles. He chose White Scars for his Chapter Tactics and took Khan plus a Chaplain for his HQ.

Turn One
Luckily I was able to seize the initiative gating DraigoStar into a ruin back in my opponent's deployment zone... This allowed me to use the psychic phase prior to the arrival of the Cullexus assassin and I managed to destroy one of the Razorbacks and a five man tactical squad for First Blood plus two kill points.

Sure enough the assassin arrived via drop pod close to my Deathstar. I was able to tank most of the wounds by Look Out Sir (-2 due to No Escape) on Draigo and a few via cover saves. It was obviously a lot of shots via the Animus Speculum since it adds shots based on nearby psykers and up to three more warp charge from their own pool. After the rest of his army fired Draigo was down to his last wound and two of my DevCents lost a wound... It could have potentially been much worse.


Turn Two
The next turn was dedicated to killing the Cullexus via shooting and assault... Really needed to get rid of her ! The Scouts arrived via outflank coming in beside my deathstar in their land speeder. The Stormraven also came in and the Purifiers split into combat squads paratrooping out. I had a bit of good luck this turn - the landspeeder flamed her taking one wound then the Cerebus launcher dropped its payload for another wound which blinded the assassin - take that you traitorous c*nt. The deathstar whiffed in the shooting phase so I had to take her down the old fashioned way in melee... Draigo managed to finally club her down and I took no wounds in return. The Purifiers were able to wreck one Razorback via the combination of Cleansing Flame and their psycannons. So two more kill points this turn for Draigo and company.

I lost a Centurion during my opponent's shooting phase and the GK Librarian also lost a wound. One of the Purifier combat squads was shot off the table plus the Landspeeder Storm was wrecked. My opponent also stripped all three hull points from the Stormraven even though it had jinked so he scored his first two kill points (this occurred during my turn when he intercepted with his Stalker formation).

Up to this point I was doing okay and had contained the very real threat from the assassin - really glad to see her bite the dust !


Turn Three
The warp is both fickle and dangerous as you'll see this turn. Draigo successfully gated the deathstar but they scattered 9", mishapping but thankfully went into ongoing reserve. The remaining Purifier squad was in position to multi assault two five man tactical squads then periled while casting Cleansing Flame... Of course I rolled a 1 then failed the leadership test - good bye Purifiers ! My Strike squad came in from reserve as well deep striking behind a large piece of line of sight blocking terrain and I should mention the Techmarine split off from the deathstar to join the scouts for some much needed reinforcement. No kill points scored this turn for me and I've only got three small units left on the table... Due to good positioning though they were all tucked away safely from the bulk of the enemy's guns.

Recap
The game ended up going the full seven turns and I was able to claw my way back into the game needing a sixth turn to ahead on kill points. The Techmarine and his Scouts performed admirably holding down their piece of ruin - taking out two command squads and a drop pod. The deathstar played it safe picking off enemy units here and there... By the end of the game I was down to two DevCents, each on their final wound, plus Draigo and the Conclave. I foolishly split off the GK Librarian to join the Strike squad... Eventually they were all gunned down over the remainder of the game.


I won the primary for kill points and my opponent won the primary for holding objective markers. I had First Blood, Line Breaker and Last Laugh while my opponent only scored Line Breaker — so a tight win for the new DraigoStar.

The Cullexus was brutal but I think I properly dealt with her the best I could. Third turn was horrendous and I was seriously thinking it might be game over. Obviously the Cullexus is very bad news versus an infantry psychic laden deathstar like mine but I was able to clip her quickly enough... They are rather fragile with only three wounds and a 4++ save plus the 6++ FNP... I got lucky with the Storm dropping two of her wounds and blinding the bitch. Against an army like eldar jetseer council a shrewd eldar player will simply bubble wrap with scatbikes then turbo boost away the turn after she arrives.

The Conclave takes DraigoStar to the next level... I was successfully casting up to eight psychic powers a turn.

No comments: