¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Sunday, March 29, 2015

BATREP - White Scars & Space Wolves (w. Thunderwolfs) vs. Eldar & Dark Eldar


Here's a mini Batrep from my first round at a local rtt versus a really good eldar-dark eldar player. Sorry but no pictures. :(

My list...

- White Scars
Chapter Master - bike - artificer armor - shield eternal - power fist - auspex

Librarian - Level 2 (telepathy) - bike - force axe - meltabombs

Command squad - bikes - chapter banner - power fist - 4x stormshield - 4x grav gun
Apothecary

4x SM biker - 2x grav gun
Sergeant - meltabombs
Attack bike - multi-melta

4x SM biker - 2x grav gun
Sergeant - meltabombs
Attack bike - multi-melta

- Space Wolves (CoF)
Wolf Lord - Thunderwolf - runic armor - stormshield - thunderhammer

Rune Priest Level 2 (divination) - bike - runic armor - force axe - meltabombs

Iron Priest - Thumderwolf - Cyberwolf

Iron Priest - bike - Cyberwolf

9x Grey Hunter - 2x meltagun - power axe
Wolf Guard - stormshield - frost axe
Drop pod


My opponent's list:

Spiritseer - Level 2

5x Wraithguard
Wave Serpent - holofield - scatter laser - shuriken cannon

5x Wraithguard
Wave Serpent - same as above

Wraithknight

Wraithknight

5x Talos (Corpsethief formation)

I roll up Invisibility and Perfect Timing... :D

I got Master of Ambush for my warlord trait but decided not to use it.

Deployment is Dawn of War and I go first. Mission is kill points with FB, StWL and LB. Opponent fails to seize.

Deathstar is all the characters attached to the command squad. I deploy 12" up in the middle and hide my two biker squads behind LoS blocking terrain.

Opponent deploys both WK and the Talos all hugging terrain.

First turn drop pod comes and I place it back in my deployment zone... They'll have a picnic this game... :D

Deathstar moves up 12" towards closest WK. Biker squads chill behind terrain.

Psychic phase I successfully cast Invisibility and Perfect Timing. Command squad grav guns unload into WK and smoke it for FB.

Talos move up to attempt a charge but fail by a couple inches... :D Remaining WK shoots the drop pod stripping one hull point.

2nd turn deathstar backs away from Talos just inside of grav gun range. Biker squads continue to chill. I successfully cast Perfect Timimg again but not Invisibility. Command squad unloads grav guns into Talos dropping two.

Serpent with the Spiritseer arrives from reserve. Wraithgusrd disembark to shoot their cannons at my deathstar. Chapter Master tanks all the wounds. Talos try to charge again but fall short by an inch this time... :D Remaining WK wrecks the drop pod.

3rd turn deathstar lines up to multi chsrge Wraithguard and serpent. Biker squads come out from hiding turbo boosting up to midfield. I successfully cast Invisibility then try to shriek tue Wraithguard but it's denied. I fire tue bolters into the Wraithguard dropping a couple then charge in and wipe them all out picking up StWL.

Second serpent fails to arrive. Talos are about 18" away from my deathstar... Opponent decides not to go for the assault. Remaining WK picks off one Grey Hunter.

4th turn bikers and deathstar all converge on Talos. Again I successfully cast Invisibility and Perfect Timing. Grav guns followed by the assault finish off the Talos.

Second serpent auto arrives and makes a move across the table for LB (turbo boosting). WK picks off another Grey Hunter.

Fifth turn my opponent concedes after taking out tue Grey Hunters with combined shooting from serpent, Wraithguard and WK.

So I end up winning 8-2. The Wolf Lord and Iron Priest on Thunderwolves did awesome - the S10 was huge versus both the WK and Talos in assault. I'm really digging this list.

No comments: