¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Sunday, September 14, 2014

BikeStar RTT Report


I got to play in a semi local RTT yesterday. It was 1000 points and you could only use one source. You had 10 minutes to complete each player turn so kind of interesting. There were four rounds but the friend I rode with had to leave after the third round... I think I had a good shot at placing if I could have played the fourth round. Anyways here is a quick summary of my three games.

I brought White Scars:

Chapter Master:
Bike - Artificer Armor - Shield Eternal - Power Fist

Command Squad:
Bikes - 4x Storm Shield - 4x Grav Gun - 3x Meltabombs - Thunderhammer

3x Biker:
2x Grav Gun
Attack Bike - Multi-Melta
Sergeant - Meltabombs

3x Biker:
2x Grav Gun
Attack Bike - Multi-Melta
Sergeant - Meltabombs


Round 1 vs Chaos Space Marines

Chaos Lord:
Mark of Tzeentch - Sigil of Corruption - Murder Sword - Plasma Pistol

3x Chaos Biker:
2x Meltagun

5x Chaos Space Marine:
Mark of Nurgle - Plasmagun
Rhino

5x Chaos Space Marine:
Mark of Nurgle - Plasmagun
Rhino

Helbrute - Multi-Melta

Helbrute - Multi-Melta

Helbrute - Extra CCW

5x Warp Talon


Mission - Crusade
We roll up three objective markers that are placed evenly across the center of the table. 3 battle points for each objective marker you hold at the end of the game plus 1 battle point for First Blood, Slay the Warlord and Line Breaker. I felt it should have been a fixed number of objective markers for Crusade since with the random number of objective markers it was possible for some players to score more battle points.

Deployment - Dawn of War

I can't remember the Warlord traits we rolled up. My Librarian got Prescience, Misfortune and Perfect Timing (really good). My opponent won the roll to go first and I opted not to seize.

My opponent deploys up on the edge of deployment zone with his rhinos and Helbrutes over to one side. His Warlord joins one of the CSM squads. He deploys his bikers far away in the opposite side and reserves the Warp Talons (deep striking).


I deploy aggressively... All three squads right up on the edge of my deployment zone side by side - both HQ are attached to the command squad.



1st Turn - Chaos Space Marines
The Chaos bikers move and flat out towards my army. Rhinos and Helbrutes also move forward as well. Shooting sees no damage inflicted.

1st Turn - White Scars
All three bike squads move forward straight towards the Helbrutes and rhinos. I successfully cast Prescience and Misfortune (targeting the close combat Helbrute). Orbital strike from the Chapter Master assplodes the close combat Helbrute and a rhino for First Blood. Three of the Chaos Space Marines die in the assplosion... Wow! The biker squads both fire on another Hebrute and explode it as well... Another Chaos Space Marine dies from the burning storm of shrapnel.

2nd Turn - Chaos Space Marines
Warp Talons arrive scattering into terrain and one dies from the dangerous terrain check. The remaining rhino pulls up disembarking the Chaos Lord and his posse. The last Helbrute trundles forward and the Chaos bikers move into range of one of my biker squads. My opponent focus fires his army on one of my biker squads and reduces it to two bikers - they pass their break check. The Hebrute attempts to charge them and is assploded by a lucky Overwatch shot from the multi-melta.

2nd Turn - White Scars
HQ and command squad pull back to target the Warp Talons. The other two bike squads pull back to target the Chaos bikers. I successfully cast Prescience and Misfortune the Warp Talons. Shooting eliminates both enemy units.

3rd Turn - Chaos Space Marines
The Chaos Lord and his possess hide behind the intact rhino while the solo Chaos Marine jumps behind some terrain.

3rd Turn - White Scars
The Librarian splits off and joins the squad of two bikers to take out the solo Chaos Space Marine. Chapter Master and command squad along with the other biker squad go after the Chaos Lord and crew. All enemy units are eradicated along with the last rhino (via multi assault) except the Chaos Lord whom successfully passed all of his 3++ saves in melee but failed to inflict any wounds with the Murder Sword in the challenge with the Chapter Master.

4th Turn - Chaos Space Marines
Again the Chaos Lord passes all his 3++ saves and again fails to inflict any damage with the Murder Sword. White Scars then hit and run out of combat.

4th Turn - White Scars
All units converge on the Chaos Lord and blow him out of his boots in the shooting phase.

Note you could take additional turns to grab objectives if you tabled your opponent before time ran out so I maxed out on battle points with 12.


My next game was versus the one army I knew could give me some problems - dark eldar with venom spam... Can match my speed and the venoms are really bad news versus a low model count.


Round 2 vs Dark Eldar

The Baron

Succubus

5x Wyche
Venom - double splinter cannon - Flickerfield

5x Wyche
Venom - double splinter cannon - Flickerfield

5x Wyche
Venom - double splinter cannon - Flickerfield

10 Warriors
Raider - Lance - Flickerfield

Ravager - 3x Lance

Ravager - 3x Lance

Beast Pack - 3x Beast Master - Khymeras & Razorwinf

Mission - Crusade
Four objective markers this time.

Deployment - Dawn of War

I won the roll to go first and got Master of Ambush for my Warlord Trait. My Librarian got Prescience, Foreboding and Forewarning. My opponent got the Warlord trait for +1 to seize.

I deployed my HQ with command squad behind a big piece of terrain for LoS blocking. My opponent deployed back against his long table edge then I infiltrated my two biker squads 18" away on one of his flanks. My opponent failed to seize.

To be continued...

No comments: